Director : Justin Lin
Writer : Chris Morgan
Star Cast :
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto: A street racer
- Paul Walker as Brian O’Conner: A former FBI agent turned criminal. In relationship with Mia Toretto.
Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs: A Diplomatic Security Service agent.
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz: Dominic’s former girlfriend who was believed to be dead. Suffering from amnesia, she now works for Shaw.
- Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto: Dominic’s sister and the girlfriend of Brian O’Conner.
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce: Brian’s childhood friend.
- Chris Bridges as Tej Parker: Brian’s and Roman’s friend.
- Sung Kang as Han Seoul-Oh: A street racer and member of Dominic’s crew.
- Luke Evans as Owen Shaw: A former Special Air Service soldier now leading a heist gang.
- Gina Carano as Riley: A member of Hobbs’ team.
- John Ortiz as Arturo Braga: A former Shaw henchman.
- Gal Gadot as Gisele Yashar: A former Mossad agent turned professional criminal.
- Joe Taslim as Jah: A cold blooded killer who fights using martial arts and parkour.
- Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves.
- Kim Kold as Klaus: Shaw’s strongman henchman.
- Rita Ora portrays the head girl of a London racing crew.
- Shea Whigham as Agent Ben Stasiak
- Jason Statham appears in an uncredited cameo in the film’s post-credit scene My Rating :
A heist at Rio fetched them billions but billions don’t substitute for your adventurous life, especially if your entire life is a journey full of something fast and something furious.They still decide to live their lives away from crimes and a peaceful life of luxuries.But ‘past keeps on chasing you’.One fine morning, Dominic ( ‘Dom’ ) finds Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) agent Luke Hobbs(famously known as Rock-Dwayne Johnson),who helped him in Rio, at his doorsteps asking for aid to catch a group of racers who raided and almost destroyed the military convoy in search of parts to create a nightshade device that could control power lines and hence could be devastating, if in wrong hands.Involvement of Letty-Dom’s ex-girlfriend (who was thought to be dead) was enough to persuade ‘Dom’.The team was back to work.
Dom and his team starts investigation on British Special Forces soldier Owen Shaw and his crew and the action starts. Dom’s team, chasing a pair of cars, had never imagined them to be so tough, so fast, so furious.Bunch of stunts with pair of cars and Luke Hobbs diving to another car were conventional.However, the use of a pair of cars hammering and destroying cop’s vehicles is more than original and well picturized and perfomed. Reckless driving and evading the cops is the identity of ‘fast & furious series’ and is bound to be in this part too.Hence the stunts performed on vehicles are above par in comparison to bond movies or MI series.But F&F series have set such benchmarks that audience expect more everytime. The movie is upto the expectations.
The storyline is a bit topsy-turvy and timing has never been so perfect to bring them in (especially one which showed someone in the team of Dom’s working for Shaw). The rear part is a cargo plane action sequence, the best action part in the movie.Never imagined any car hanging on a moving plane about to takeoff.There were three in action.Mia kidnapped, betrayal of the Hobb’s co-officer, Letty’s amnesia bettered the story-line.Fast 5 showed Dwayne-Vin against each other,this one as each others allies.The action sequences of Dom-Luke-Brian O’Conner (Vin Diesel-Dwayne Johnson-Paul Walker) was all that draws the audience.Few lines were catchy too: ‘you will meet Shaw only when he wants you to’ and as Dominic’s crew gather to share a meal, Dominic asks Letty if the gathering feels familiar; she answers no, but that it feels like home.
In a post-credits scene, while Han is being chased in Tokyo, he is hit by an oncoming car; the car explodes, killing Han. The other car’s driver(Jason Statham) walks away from the scene and calls Dominic, leaving him a threatening message: “You don’t know me, but you’re about to…”.the movie ends beautifully giving hint for its sequel.
Perfect action and entertainment package.
-Satyagni (also on satyaagni.wordpress.com)